Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Caught somewhere in time; my secret addiction

Sorry for the delay in posting; haven't felt very creative. Been a rough stretch financially in UF's World and that always drains me. There are days I miss being rich. But money is like poker chips in a tournament; no matter how short stacked you get, you can always come back. It's just a way to keep score.
The Iron Maiden concert last week -- I promised to talk about the freak show. I did a whole segment on the Saturday show about it, so I won't repeat all of it. But I have one take I want to share:

If you are a woman over 50 and have extensive tattoos, do NOT wear low cut shirts, tank tops or shorts. It's not sexy anymore. It was sexy 20 years ago; maybe 10. Now it's gross.

There was one woman who had a tattoo of a bird on her leg. When she got it, it was probably a hummingbird. Now it's an ostrich.

I don't care if you have them; just cover them up.

And never, NEVER be a dude and wear black dress socks and shoes to a metal concert. I mean, back in the day, we would have beat that guy senseless. (How much has life changed? He had the hottest date there).

Finally, I have two great kids. They love my music. But they aren't hitting a Maiden concert until they are 15 or 16. There were TONS of little kids there. The worst was a dude who had his twin four-year-olds head banging. There is something really wrong about four-year-olds banging to "666, the number of the beast." Those are the kids that grow up to put their children in a freezer or hang the dog in the back yard.

GREAT show, however. Bruce Dickinson still has serious pipes, and the band was tight! I miss jamming Maiden on the Les Paul. But I digress.

Meanwhile, I have a secret addiction that makes Mariah's pants look silly.

I am addicted to Facebook horse racing.

It's stupid. It's goofy. The ap is slow. But I LOVE horse racing. Even fake little horses. I could spend hours (and I have) goofing off, betting on fake horses, and racing my own.

The real addiction is the chat. The people are all so much fun. They are from all over the world; I have my England/Europe crew; then the Canadians; then the Aussies. All good natured degenerates with a great sense of humor.

I get a sick rush out of winning fake money on the game. But I have to admit, I really like to check in to see who is there. So many cool personalities from all over the world with the same sick addiction.

If you know me, you know I love kindred spirits.

The most recent ex called my addiction "online masturbation." A clever one, she was. Kind of an overbearing dickweed, but clever.

I didn't play for a month or so. Just too busy with the updates, because it's ALWAYS a good time for vitamin water. But I missed the people. And the silly game.

The people make me laugh, a lot like the ostrich woman.

Does anything else really matter in life?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We enjoy your company at FB Horse Racing too :) Hug

Anonymous said...

Second what Hug said :-)
HR loves ya Fred!!
xx Em

trish said...

Hmm, I have bever played horse racing. I would not be nearly as likely to kick you ass at that as I am at the worlds slowest FB scrabulous game, though...

Sandy said...

I have lauged out loud on more than one occasion at some of the topics we discuss....way too funny!! HR1 is definitely an addiction and for me its the people i am addicted to. Thanks, Fred, for making it even more fun!

Anonymous said...

We here in Aussie Luv U 2 Fred! Interesting R our chats, Funny to the point of nearly wetting myself at times! My addiction is HR, & its horse owners. Look forward to more of our worldly chats

Kerri C, Nikki G, Sue S,
Helen M, Greg H xxxxx

Blogger said...

Sports betting system earn +$3,624 PROFIT last week!

Z-Code System winning bets and predictions for MLB, NHL, NBA & NFL!!!

Blogger said...

There's SHOCKING news in the sports betting industry.

It has been said that every bettor must watch this,

Watch this or quit placing bets on sports...

Sports Cash System - Automated Sports Betting Software.