Friday, September 12, 2008

Bad prediction on Ike -- am i 9-7 or 9-8? Stay tuned for updates

OK, so maybe I was wrong about Ike. That makes me 47-1 against the weather men/women in the past 27 years. Darn. I hate losing.

I was 9-7 on my NFL picks last week. But wrong on Ike. He covered the spread. Does that make me 9-8?

I will keep everybody updated for as long as we have power. The current track puts Ike right over my head at about 4 a.m. Central on Saturday.

11 a.m. -- 13 hours from when the eye is supposed to hit land. And it is a gorgeous day. Cool, breezy, light clouds, no rain. I went for a jog along the bayou this morning. Now I am watching the weather hotties predicting Armageddon. (Actually, really starting to like the traffic hottie on Ch. 11)

But the coast is not so good. Not a drop of rain yet, and the storm surge is already flooding Galveston, La Marque and Texas City. (That is pretty much the trifecta of where my family lives). Just 40 miles away, it's getting ugly. Here? Nothing. What a strange world we live in.

Think I will go for a walk.

No comments: