Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Not as easy as it looks...

OK, so the whole world gets caught up in the Olympic spirit. Once every four years, obscure sports like curling take center stage.
Carl Dukes, whose show follows ours, spent a lot of time talking about how anyone could curl and how easy it was. So the nice people of the Curling Club of Houston invited everyone down to learn.
We visited the Space City Ice Station, which is an awesome place. The people were terrific. Friendly, helpful, enthusiastic.
So I barely know my way around ice, much less curling. The results were predictable:


OK, so that was the only time I actually fell down.

Team Blitz, of course, had a ringer. The Canadian hottie, who looked like a natural, even though she hadn't curled in 10 years. We won, and didn't need her to make the last shot to do it.

Anyway, I have to admit, it was a blast. It's also harder than it looks on TV, especially the sweeping. A good time was had by all:



More details on the Examiner blog, but I highly recommend you give it a try sometime.

Especially if you don't mind falling on your ass.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fred. I have the best idea for your new co-host on the blitz. Dave is a genius who isn't recognized for his knowledge in sports. I was devistated when matt left the show, and never thought anyone could fill his shoes and put together a show as entertaining as the one you guys have perfected. Now I see this spot needing to be filled and I know that dave would be the only man to replace him with his quit witted non bs style. I can only hope that this perfect fit will come together. I'm sure you will enjoy his partnership as much as I've enjoyed his stance on most subjects. Do what you can to piece it together. Best of luck. I'll always be a loyal listener to the blitz, as long as you replace that immature anthony guy that is currently accompanying you.